Re: starting 2 instances of squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 03:09:37 +0200

Erik Lewis wrote:

> Hello All:
> I am relatively new to squid and redhat linux. I want to start 2
> versions of squid. One on port 3128 the default and the other on
> 3129 I want them both to talk to a sibbling using 3130 the default
> but I want them both to use the same cache.

You can't exacly do this, but pretty close.

If you want to run two Squids with only one cache you have to configure
one as a proxy-only parent of the other (which has the cache).

Both caches need to have different visible_hostname as well, or they
will complain loudly on cache-loops.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker