1.2beta21+patches Invalid Request

From: Justin Viiret <justin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 13:42:20 +0930

Hi!

We're running Squid 1.2beta21 with both patch sets installed under Linux
2.0.33. Just thought I'd ask - does anyone else get an error when accessing
Australia's Altavista mirror under 1.2, at
http://www.altavista.yellowpages.com.au/? We get the following (seems to be
only the banner advertising - this is not necessarily a problem ( :) ) but
it's a bit of an eyesore, and it's confusing for the users.):

--
ERROR
While trying to process the request:
GET http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/adl/altavista.yellowpages.com.au/front;kw=
;ord=325577842 HTTP/1.0
Referer: http://www.altavista.yellowpages.com.au/
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
Cookie: id=16d14ae9
The following error was encountered:
     Invalid Request
Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:
     Missing or unknown request method (GET, POST)
     Missing URL
     Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
     Request may be too large
     Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
     Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
--
Does anyone have any ideas/fixes, or is it a server-specific problem?
Thanks,