Re: HELP for a newbie!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 19:22:31 +0200

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> Thanks, but do you have the name for such a daemon so I can give
> it a try?

plug-gw in the TIS firewall toolkit is one. It has a bit to much
functionality for your needs, and is not suitable for a high traffic
rate (it's started from inetd, which usually limits connections/second).

There exists other as well.

> One question, does "forwarding" the connection get done thru the relay
> machine? Or would that cause the client machine (browser) to have the
> connection forwarded and thus force it to connect directly?

The forwarding is done transparendly by the relay machine. The client
only speaks with the relay (it does not know that it is relayed to
another machine).

---
Henrik Nordström