Re: PROXY Clusters problems

From: David Mifsud <compu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:31:02 +0200 (MET DST)

> David Mifsud wrote:
>
> > Did any of you resolve the problem in any way other then using
> > IP Masquerading/NAT??
>
> If you find that this is a major problem for some specific sites then
> you can use a PAC script to force the clients to always use one specific
> server for these troublesome sites.

The problem is that I have almost the whole university being proxied
transparently(am using Linux as router) so I definately can't use
PAC scripts.

Rereading the above e-mail, I got the idea that I could set the
router to always pass these specific sites to one proxy(when
users start complaining) i.e. setting the sibling to forward,
let's say having the following in the squid.conf file

cache_host kelin.um.edu.mt parent 80 3130 proxy-only
cache_host cettina.um.edu.mt parent 80 3130 proxy-only

cache_host_domain kelin.um.edu.mt !.netaddress.net

what do you guys out there think about this?

Dave