RELOAD /REFRESH on SQUID 1.20 NOVM from MS ie3.0.2

From: wolfgang mader <woifi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:08:51 +0200

Hi!

Using Squid in our Intranet and Internet we are rather satisfied with its work.
Behind our Firewall we have an own hyrarchy of Squids asking each other as sibling , and
the "Master-Behind-Firewall" as parent.

Now, some thousands of customers, use the damn MS IE302 and we are not easy able to
upgrade this thing out of hell to something usefull like Netscape or at least IE40.

Those people encounter the problem, that the IE302 -Browser doesn't send a REFRESH by
pressing the appropriate Button, but fetches the old pages from SQUID.
They have no chance (but reloading via cachemgr.cgi) to get a refreshed page out of
Internet.
Netscape and IE40 has no such problem.

Is there any trick, patch or prayer that could help?
We already know the "Hold the CTRL-Key , or ALT-Key or both of them, but that did make
no sense.

Thank you for any reply,

Woifi.

PS.: Our configuration:

     Browser ----SQUID-daughter------SQUID-Parent-----Firewall ------INTERNET
                      | ___/
                    sibling /
                      | /
     Browser ----SQUID-daughter/

SQUID-Versions: SQUID 1.20 NOVM everywhere.

REFRESH-PATTERNS:
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.mov$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.qtm$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.mid$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.wav$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.viv$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.mpg$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.gif$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.jpeg$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.jpg$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.zip$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.exe$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.arj$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.gz$ 10080 90% 40320
refresh_pattern/i ^http://.*\.(phtml|class)$ 60 100% 20160
refresh_pattern ^http:// 360 80% 20160
refresh_pattern ^ftp:// 10080 80% 20160
refresh_pattern ^gopher:// 10080 50% 20160
refresh_pattern . 30 40% 43200