Re: TIMEOUT_?

From: Bob Purdon <bobp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:26:38 +1000 (EST)

> >Has anyone else noticed a dramatic increase in the number of TIMEOUT_*
> >entries in their logs with 1.2b21 and 1.2b22?
>
> The number of timeouts has increased, but the service times
> have likely improved.

I've not confirmed that as yet, but our MRTG graphs will probably reflect
what you're saying.

> What percent of timeouts are you seeing now and what percent were you
> seeing before?

Almost no timeouts before - maybe 1-2%. We're seeing around (guesstimate)
80% timeouts now. Just about every ICP query the sibling cache receives
is being reported as a timeout by the requesting cache :-(

Regards,

Bob Purdon,
Technical Manager,
Southern Internet Services.