Re: PGP verifyable Squid code

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:01:28 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Stephan Sachweh wrote:

> OK, here again. I want to download Squid code with a PGP verifyable
> signature to be sure i got the right code. Is it possible to put Squid
> Codes (perharps only the main releases and updates) together with a
> PGP Signature on the Squid Web-Site?

md5sum would be a bit more useful.

But, how can you trust the real Squid anyway?

I guess it's probably just better to download it from Squid's web site,
and read the code then to check the PGP signature on it.

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfdirect.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/