Re: Why is Dilbert cached?

From: Bruce Campbell <bc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 01:42:08 +1000 (EST)

On 15 Jun 1998, Roar Pettersen wrote:

> dancer@uluru.brisnet.org.au writes:
> > Are you perchance using MSIE as a browser? When using proxies it has
> > a tendency to be unable to refresh objects through a proxy.
>
> No, I'm using Netscape. I just got this from one of our users, as
> he tried to load the aforementioned "Dilbert" through our cache:
> (No, Dilbert-reading is not the _only_ thing we do at our
> workplace... ;-)

Heck, I was thinking my gf had set up her work computer to always grab the
same dilbert piccy when she complained of it (the latest) not changing.

If thats the case, the same problem is ocurring with Netscape-Proxy/2.53+
(the version of her upstream proxy) as well.

I just hope she doesn't read this list cus my explanation of the problem
was a wee bit off the top of my head sorta thing ;)

--==--
Bruce.

K'nurdic Wrangler
     Hub Communications.