Socks/Squid

From: <allen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:24:11 +0000

Hello !

I was wondering if anybody could give me any recommendations on
'how-to' use socks and squid together? I would like to be able to
use sock's user authentication with the socks/squid combo.

At our institution we only allow certain users on the net. And these
users are allowed to do certain things. For example one group is
allowed to use telnet, web and email. The second group is only
allowed to use the web and email.

I am running Socks5 1.0r5 on Red Hat Linux Version 5 the workstations
are running windows 95 and they run SocksCap32 version 1.03.

Any recommendations or insites would be greatly appreciated

Allen Armstrong
Network Administrator

Allen Armstrong
Highland Secondary