IE 3.02 & Squid 1.1.22

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:13:42 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Squid gurus.

I'm having a little problem with Squid and IE 3.02. Sometimes IE3 will
hang on a connection to squid, even though the object in cache seems to
be OK. This results in that the end user sees the whole page he is trying
to get, but the browser is still busy (forcing the user to use the Stop
button).

This seems to happen to objects at random, clearing the reloading the page
results in a new object causing the same problem.

The problem does not disappear by "flushing" the server cache (removing and
reinitializing it).

I am running SQUID on an intel Linux system, kernel version 2.0.33.
I have not been able to replicate the problem on another proxy server.

Have you seen something like this before ?
Any advice is most gratefully accepted.

Best regards,

Oli Thor Atlason
olit@centrum.is