Re: Still problems with IE4, Squid 1.2b22, proxy_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 23:06:07 +0200

Bill Wichers wrote:

> This is sounding very much like something that might be caused/affected
> by/involved with the half-closed connections problem that Henrik Nordstrom
> has been discussing in another thread. Apparently the HTTP spec is
> somewhat vague as to how browsers and servers should handle these
> half-closed connections.
>
> Perhaps a fix for this problem will involved a patch...

I doubt that client-half-closes is the cause to IE4 hangs. It is more
likely persistent connections trouble in either Squid or IE4.
Unfortunately I cant run both Squid and IE4 at the same time (only one
usable machine here).

Back on the half-close track:

It is possible to disable half-close client support in Squid if you
like. Personally I think off should be the default setting, but for the
time being on is the default setting.

squid.conf:
  client_half_closes off

---