Re: transparent proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 23:42:37 +0200

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> but then when I try to connect to a site it does not connect!
> also when I set my browser to use proxy at 195.174.18.2 at port 80
> it works!
> what am I doing wrong? I was trying to do transparent proxying...

Apart from having a routemap and a properly configured Squid, you also
need a host OS capable of receiving traffic destinated for other
servers. This can be done with Linux ipfwadm or by using ipfilter on
other platforms (see the Squid FAQ for some details).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker