RE: cache_swap size

From: Pattara Kiatisevi <ott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 13:18:25 +0700 (GMT+0700)

Dear guys,

We are from NECTEC, Thailand running 2 cache servers, cache1 and
cache2.nectec.or.th . Although we tell our downstream nodes to point to us
both cache1 and cache2 but it seems that cache1 now doing much work than
cache2. Then I try new method by separating domain,

At cache1:

cache_host cache2.nectec.or.th parent 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_host_domain cache2.nectec.or.th com

At cache2:

cache_host cache1.nectec.or.th parent 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_host_domain cache1.nectec.or.th !.com

I'm not sure if this is a good way to this, will the data in both cache is
duplicated? And I wonder about cache size, do we have a formula to
calculate the cache size. Cache1 is Alpha2x5/466MHz 512MB without
1,500,000-2,000,000 request/day and 25 GB of cache space causes it to have
a very slow response time. Now I just restart the cache space and both of
them works fine (fast).

Regards,
Pattara Kiatisevi, ott

Network Technology Lab (NTL)
National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA)
Ministry of Science Technology and Environment, Thailand
http://www.nectec.or.th/users/pattara
TEL:(66-2)642-7077#5014 FAX:6427064
Mobile: 01-6388506