Re: malloc libraries

From: Chris Tilbury <cudch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:21:22 +0100

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 10:27:11AM -0500, Miles Lott wrote:

> Definitely consider gnu malloc. The performance increase was
> significant when I compiled with that rather than without it.

Does anyone know how the performance of GNU malloc compares to that of
dl-malloc (particularly under Solaris, but any impressions or comparisons
are welcome!).

I'm assuming dlmalloc is better since the squid developers are using it in
1.2 ...

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)