Selecting between a parent and direct based on ACL

From: Peter Linich <plinich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:48:56 +1000

Hi,

For the last four or five hours I have been trying to work out how to
get Squid (setup as a proxy) to fetch MISSes from either another proxy
or direct. The choice of which way to go is determined by ACL. So far
I haven't been able to achieve it. The closest I have come is to get
Squid to choose between two parents based on ACLs. The parents that I
am using, by the way, are non-Squid.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions to offer?

Peter Linich
Network Administrator/Team Leader
School of Computer Science and Engineering
University of New South Wales
Kensington NSW 2052
Australia
Phone: +61-2-9385-5526