Why you should bump up ipcache_size when RETRY_PATCH used (fwd)

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:57:23 -0400 (EDT)

I added the IP cache size to my MTRG graphing of Squid parameters
yesterday at <http://proxy.comshare.com/monitor/squid/ipcache.html>,
and as you can see, even with my comparatively low-volume Squid, we
still get right up over the default 1024 size without much trouble.
Our current size is set to 2048.

And yes, there's a crash in there... Squid grows steadily for a week
until it runs into the 128MB datasize limit. I wish xmalloc() was a
little more forgiving...

Just FYI...

        -Mike Pelletier.

--
 "[It will] be very hard to increase browser share on the merits of
  [Internet Explorer] alone.  It will be more important to leverage