How to force cache to update entire website

From: Jeff Madison <jeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:06:09 -0600

I am running squid 1.2 beta 22 and have a quick question. How do I force
the server to refresh a site that changes either once a day or many times a
day. I know about the -m PURGE and -r options for the client but I need to
know how to tell squid to update the entire web site. One site is
http://www.usatoday.com for example. This site changes several times a day
but the names of the files and graphics never change. I don't want to
exclude this site from being cached because it is one of the more common
sites for our users and is very slow when not cached. I need to know if
there is a way to tell squid to refresh all objects in it's cache associated
with the base URL of http://www.usatoday.com with out referencing every
object individually.

Jeff Madison
Systems Engineer