Re: work squid in solaris 2.6 as transparent proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:04:51 +0200

Leigh Porter wrote:

> Indeed, this is what I used to use. Why then, do people still use
> Transproxy on systems that do not require it?

For a starter no-one has provided a patch to Squid that adds the
IP-Filter specific code, and all developers are busy fixing other
things. I looked into the IP-Filter code and it should be very simple
to add to Squid, but I don't have the time to do it or the equipment to
test it.

Another possibility is that they run a unpatched 1.1.20 or earlier,
where transparent proxying is not fully supported by Squid.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker