Re: Squid + Apache + Frontpage (fwd)

From: <hamster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:33:35 +0100 (BST)

Dave <dburwell@telecom.com> wrote....

> I have Squid running as an accelerator for Apache on a Linux
> box. I want to add the FP '98 sever extentions. The installation of
> the extentions seems to go OKay, but when I try to FP'98 to access
> the web, I get errors that it is not FP enabled. I don't know if
> this is a Squid / Apache or FP problem.

I think the problem here is that the extensions expect connections to
come in asking for a particular host (ie www.foobar.org). However
once a site has been through the redirector it might be something
completely different (ie www.ispserver.net/~login/) which confuses the
hell out of Frontpage (which is a right royal pain to start with ;-/ )

So far I've come to the conclusion that FP sites are going to have to
live with being slower than "normal" virtuals until I can find a
hack-around to fix the problem.

        Mark

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@lspace.org>			http://hamster.wibble.org/