Re: dnsservers!!!

From: Eric Wieling <ERIC@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:23:39 -0500

Does /etc/resolv.conf point to the localhost (127.0.0.1) and does the
DNS server process (named) start after squid starts? If so, that
could be the problem. I always configure all IP addresses, all
routing, and all DNS before running other stuff like inetd, squid,
etc.

--Eric

>>> "Andrew Specht" <andrew@iaccess.com.au> 7/14/98 6:22:36 PM >>>
Hi,

Everytime i reboot the squid server, it fails to do DNS lookups.
Even
sending a HUP signal to squid won't fix the problem. I have to
actually
kill RunCache and squid and start it up again.
Why won't it work at boot up time?

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

"People who say money can't buy happiness
just don't know where to shop"

Andrew Specht
System Administrator / Internet Access Australia
andrew@iaccess.com.au
http://www.iaccess.com.au