RE: ICP Port

From: Chris Keladis <chrisk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:01:08 +1000

Hi Henrik,

We recently had a problem where some of our parent cache's lost their
network connectivity to the outside world (connectivity from us to the
parent cache's were fine).

Our parents Squid was returning network unreachable messages after a
considerable delay.

My question is, how can Squid be changed to better handle this type of
failure? I was thinking if I enable something like test_reachability, if the
site is not reachable by that parent cache then Squid will use another
avenue?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris.