SSL, IE3 works, Netscape3/4 doesn't ???

From: Mark Reynolds <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:21:33

Greetings.

Have recently had some complaints from clients to do with
SSL forms, and generally getting in to SSL sites.

The worrying thing is, I'm able to reproduce the effects as well :-)

OK. The facts are:

Page to enter secure site is:
http://www.poyntons.com.au/wis/owa/on_line_reg.ShowAgreement

If you click the I Agree, we get in using IE3, but not Netscape
3 or 4.

Clients browsers are using proxy, with either squid versions 1.1 or 1.2,
pretty much the same squid.conf file.

Client browsers are on PVN network numbers, 10.0.0.0 style, with
no routing past the firewall or proxy servers.

If I bypass the firewall and proxy servers, using a real IP number,
things work fine on all browsers.

My thoughts are that since SSL with IE3 works OK with squid 1.1 or 1.2,
then my squid.conf file must be OK.

Any questions, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Reynolds