(no subject)

From: ADELINE E InfoEmiAsp <Emmanuel.Adeline@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Jul 1998 10:12:00 +0200

Problem: Squid process size keeps growing continuously and eventually Squid
terminates abnormally (FATAL: xmalloc: unable to allocate 4356 bytes).

Configuration:
- Dedicated Ultra1: Solaris 2.5.1, 128 MB RAM (+ 256 MB swap usually
useless)
- Squid 1.1.22 with proxy_auth enabled
- Cache_mem 8
- Cache_swap 768

This configured used to work fine. The only "new things" I can think of is we
now get users having subscribed to IE channels without a valid proxy password.
Therefore we get several ERR_PROXY_DENIED/407 error messages per second in the
access.log.
Could it be a memory leak related to the proxy_auth code when authentication
fails?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Emmanuel.