Loop when requesting netdb (P.S.)

From: Serge Krashakov <sakr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:17:57 +0400 (MSD)

Two days ago I have reported about problems with squid-1.2.beta22
under FreeBSD-3.0 (squid enters in infinite loop and crashs after
receiving requests to internal netdb from peers).

I have tested many things (such as moving to latest version FreeBSD-3.0,
enabling/disabling some options in squid, installing squid on another machine)
and discovered that squid crashes only if it uses one or two 'big' disks
with
cache_dir /sd1 4000 16 256
cache_dir /sd2 4000 16 256

When I have used some 'small' disk on the same machine with
cache_dir /squid/cache 2000 16 16

or even with (on another machine)
cache_dir /squid/cache 2000 16 32

it works fine