Re: Traffic Shaping (Squid & Cisco)

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:58:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> Does anyone know where to find the patch to add it? Can a Cisco router
> traffic shape on a protocol-by-protocol basis (or at least port-by-port)..
> and if so does anyone have an example config?

Last year we used traffic shaping with a Cisco router on our 768 kbps US
link. As far as I remember the traffic shaping was done based on the IP
address of the dedicated cache box and not on port numbers.

Furthermore, we could only apply traffic shaping to the incoming traffic.
So, we had to plug the outgoing line to a loopback interface and use
traffic shaping on that 'virtual incoming' line.

Cheers,
Bertold