Refreshing Problem

From: ®}¹ü°· <Bike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:24:20 +0800

Hi,

I'm using squid 1.1.22 and ACEswitch for transparent proxy.

The situation is:
There is a guestbook on a web site. We can leave some message
on the guestbook. After pressing the refresh bottom on the browser
( I.E. 4.0), the message should show on the page.

When I specify the proxy for the browser, this function performs well;
but if I don't specify the proxy, and let the switch redirect the HTTP
requests (any request bind to port 80) to the squid box, the page is
not refreshed.

The problem is:
Is the "refreshing HTTP request" different based on whether we specify
the proxy for the browser?? Or, I miss some setting of the squid??

If the browser skip the local cache and sends a "refreshing HTTP
request" as a "ordinary HTTP request" when the browser don't know
there is a proxy between (transparent mode). Can squid discover
that the page has been modify and reload the new page, if the page
has the same name??

I guess that the "refreshing HTTP request" is different from the
"ordinary HTTP request" if browser knows that there is a proxy
between. Am I right??

Thanks for any answer....

 <___
( ) ( )
Hi, I am Bike, not a bike. Any comment, please [mailto:Bike@hgc.com.tw].

Because of the policy of my company, we use our Chinese name for sender.

I'm very sorry for the indiscriminate characters, if you can't see
Chinese.