squid 1.NOVM.22 bug

From: <squid-users-list@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Jul 1998 14:39:05 +0100

Squid 1.NOVM.22 dies with:

FATAL: storeUnlockObject: unlocked with pending clients

if I open a large number of sockets (200-400 [varies]) in quick succession,
with a little
test program I knocked together, and request a file down each
one. If I merely open the sockets it's happy. It is the requesting of
an object down each which causes it to die everytime.
  I tried to pin-point if it was at a particular number of sockets that
causing it die, but it isn't. Sometimes dies with ~280 opened sometimes
survives with upto 400 be opened.
  This is really annoying as I can't really justify using squid at
this site if it can be brought down so easily. Hope someone has an
idea why this is happending.
  This under a newly cvsupped FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE.

--
Mark Powell - System Administrator (UNIX) - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.