Re: Log files

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:25:53 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Ian A McDonald wrote:

> I'm using squid 1.NOVM.22 and I'd like to have 2 log files, one in squid
> native format, for analysing, and one in http_log format, for parsing by
> humans.
>
> Can you tell me how to configure squid to perform the above. I've looked,
> but I can only see that you can have your logs as either native OR http.

You cannot make Squid generate two access log files at once. I am positive
there are scripts out there that will convert Squid format to httpd format.

Also, the only "non-human" thing in Squid format is the timestamp, IMHO.
Search this list archive for a tiny script that will convert Squid timestamps
to a "human" format.

Alex.