Squid: ftp icon problem in 1.2b23

From: Carl Whitwell <carl.whitwell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:26:23 +0100

I have compiled 1.2b23 and other than the usual hack to MemBuf.c,
it compiled ok.

The problem is that when viewing an ftp list the icons cannot be found.

squid.conf has them pointing at the correct place and looking at the
source for the ftp page we
get the usual
'http://stroud:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-tar.gif' which
should be fine
but it can't get them.

Trying the 'http://stroud:3128......' directly gives us

***********************************
ERROR

While trying to process the request:

GET /squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-tar.gif HTTP/1.0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

The following error was encountered:

      Invalid Request

Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:

      Missing or unknown request method (GET, POST)
      Missing URL
      Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
      Request may be too large
      Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
      Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Coincidentally I noticed a similar effect after applying Henrik
Nordström's 'Squid-1.2.beta22: Enchanced FTP listings' patch
in the last version.
I have swapped the host name for an IP address but we get the same
results (i.e. http://193.240.123.456:3128/......)

Hope this is enough for someone to help, I can't spend any more time on
it.

P.S.

The MemBuf problem is that there is a construct

if (...)
    assert(...);
else
   something;

On this machine our assert is a macro, and must be being replaced with
more than one line.
The compiler just falls over on an unexpected else, all we need is a set
of curly brackets [about line 253-ish].
i.e.

if (...)
{