proxy_auth and dnsserver errors

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:40:00 -0500

I'm trying to install squid 1.1.22 on a Solaris 2.6 box. I want to have it
set up to authenticate all users and allow access to everything. I compiled
it using the -DUSE_PROXY_AUTH=1 flag in the Makefile and everything built
fine, but when I try to run it, I get the message:

(dnsserver): option requires an argument -- D
usage: (dnsserver) options filename host path A,I user pass

in the cache.log. I've looked everywhere (FAQ, release notes, user guide)
and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Jon