sporadic hanging with v1.1.21 on Unixwar

From: Robin Bowes <Robin.Bowes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:51:00 +0100

Hi,

I'm running v1.1.21 of Squid on a UnixWare 2.1.3 host and I'm
experiencing occasional "hangs" that I can't track down.

The proxy continues to accept requests from clients but never fulfills
them, ie they user is left indefinitely with a "host foo.com contacted,

waiting for reply" message.

On inspection (ps -ef |grep squid), the squid processes are still running

but not responding. I have to kill the RunCache and squid processes and

re-run RunCache to get it working again.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this? Where do I start looking to try and

find out what's wrong? I tried upping the debug level in squid.conf, but

anything > 2 seems to generate about 1M/sec of log file! Since it may go

for up to a week without hanging, I can't afford to do that! What
keywords can use instead of "ALL" to restrict the more detailed logging

to only certain categories?

Thanks for any tips.

Robin.
 --
Robin Bowes - System Development Manager - Room 405A
E.O.C., Overseas House, Quay St., Manchester, M3 3HN, UK.

Need to get a LAN on the Internet? Got a spare 486 and $50?
You need IPRoute: http://www.mischler.com/iproute

Already using IPRoute? Problems? Need some help?
You need the IProute list: http://www.findmail.com/list/iproute