Re: multiple Squids running with 1.2beta

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Duane Wessels wrote:

> If one of your users downloads a big file through a 1.1 cache then
> you certainly could see a memory usage spike and a crash
> (presumably due to hitting the memory usage limit).
>
> You could perhaps increase the memory limit, or decrease the
> maximum_object_size paramater in the config file.

I do plan to increase the memory limit as soon as the disk drives and
memory I've ordered come in (meanwhile I'm establishing an uptime
record for the proxy server -- 108 days and counting)... Doesn't the
maximum_object_size limit what can be stored in the cache at all,
rather than what can be cached in memory? I bumped that up in an
effort to catch the popular and hefty downloads such as Netscape and
Microsoft software, etc.

        -Mike Pelletier.