Re: Squid error: URL not retrieved

From: B. Richardson <rabtter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

Did you intend to use it as a proxy? Check the http proxy configuration
in your browser and set the ip address there to 10.0.0.1 and your
port to 3128 (or whatever you have it set to in squid.conf). Hit
a couple of web sites with the browser and then check squids log file.
You could open http://10.0.0.1:3128 but I think what you will see
is some diagnostic message from squid.

If you don't have anything running on port 80 on that machine, nothing
is actually "wrong". Once you set up the proxy configuration in the
browser its back to business as usual for the end user -- he/she doesn't
have to interact directly with the squid box -- it all happens behind
the lines.

-

Barrett Richardson rabtter@orion.aye.net