Re: Linux 2.0.34 and USE_POLL.

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:38:52 +0800

> Does this hold true for the 2.1 series kernels also?
>
> Regards,
> Fredrik Lindgren
> Sonera ISC

No. 2.1.x should use poll as this is implemented in the kernel. Although,
select is also implemented in the kernel, so there could be a case either way
if most of the file descriptors are usually being waited on.

I sent a test program to squid-dev a while back which would detect if the
kernel had poll in it (as opposed to libc emulating poll). I don't know if
the test is in the configure script for 1.2beta but it probably should be.

David.