Re: What do i do with MIB.TXT???

From: Linux lists <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:45:47 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Andrew Specht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have set up MRTG to contact the squid server, but it gives me this error
> message when trying to start mrtg:
>
> It says that cacheHttpMedianSvcFiveMin is unknown to SNMP.
> Although this OID is in the sample mrtg.cfg for squid.
> Does the mib.txt file have anything to do with this error?

That value is no longer part of the Squid mib, it is split up.

Have a look at http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-18.html en follow the
link to mibdefs.pm or the fourth draft of the Squid mib. That is what
currently is in the MIB.

Mark

Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.