Generic proxy server that acts like a router or firewall

From: Cameron Kay <Cameron_Kay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 16:20:37 +1200

Anyone know were I can get source code or information on how to write a
generic proxy server that acts like a two port router or firewall, i.e.
transparent to the user but only allows through the protocols designated
by the network administrator.

The reason why I'm asking is I'm wanting to extend such a proxy server
to do user authentication and traffic accounting for applications that
can't be proxied using a normal HTTP proxy like Squid and don't support
user authentication, i.e. RealAudio, RealVideo.

- Cameron

--
Cameron Kay
Computer Technology Co-ordinator