Alteon ACEDirector Switch

From: Mark Dabrowski <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 11:54:12 -0400

Just FYI...

We have 6 Squid (1.1.22) servers running FreeBSD 2.2.7 in a caching
hierarchy (all SIBLING caches) with 4 GB of storage in each. We have over
900 dial-up ports. An ACEDirector switch is transparently redirecting and
load balancing all traffic from Terminal Servers to these Squid boxes. It
works perfectly and all our users are excited about the improved
performance.

We are authorized distributor of Alteon Products. If someone is interested
in those switches I would be happy to provide more information and pricing.

I just posted it because I know how hard it is to find any information about
a good caching solution and paying $50K for a CacheFlow or any other caching
unit is too much ;-)

/\/\ark

* Mark Dabrowski - Systems Engineer
* ICA Canada On-Line Inc.