RE: which version shall i use?

From: Jordan Mendelson <jordy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:45:27 -0400

> I don't believe any version of 1.2X is ready yet for the productions
> release. What features of 1.2 do you need?

Actually, the latest versions are quite stable even if the cachemgr provides
0 useful information now :)

I run it as a transparent proxy (no async) and it seems to hold it's own, no
crashes, uses about 96 megs of memory for a 4 gig cache (I like to allocate
a lot of RAM...). It doesn't crash, I haven't found too many web sites it
doesn't work with.. (damn Quicken software hates it though, but I'm pretty
sure Quicken issues illegal requests).

It does go a bit wacky if you try to kill the root owned process (kills the
root process, doesn't notify the www process and then RunCache tries to
restart it...

Other than that, I run it in a production environment and haven't gotten any
complaints from customers.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com