once again: parent only for a specific domain

From: Peter Reif <gal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:22:36 +0200 (CEST)

I want to use a parent proxy for a specific domain. For this purpose I
added the following lines to squid.conf (squid 1.1.20):

cache_host parent.my.domain parent 1082 0 proxy-only no-query default
cache_host_domain parent.my.domain .specific.domain

But the parent is never asked. It is only contacted if I specify an
inside_firewall directive, but then the requests for other domains fail.

My questions:

- Are the cache_host and cache_host_domain directives ignored if I don't
  specify inside_firewall?
- Is there another solution for my configuration except using another
  proxy as parent for all domains except .specific.domain?

Thanks

Peter