Re: netdb requests problem

From: Serge Krashakov <sakr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:30:19 +0400 (MSD)

Duane Wessels writes:

>> I have problems with Squid-1.2.beta23 (with 4 patches) under FreeBSD-3.0.
>> My squid is compiled with --enable-icmp options and problem occurs
>> when it tries to receive netdb from neighbors: sometimes it can do
>> but more frequently it cann't. Log files from neighbor cache shows
>> no requests to netdb from my cache.
>
> Do you have miss_access rules on your cache?

Yes, I have. But as I understand, miss_access rules should apply
only for requests to my cache rather then requests from my cache.

> Try adding an 'allow' entry for "squid-internal" requests

I have added miss_access allow squid-internal and as a result squid started
to receive netdb and cache-digest from neighbors.
But why miss_access riles affect on this?

Serge Krashakov.