finding close parents...

From: Jason Temple <templej@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 14:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings all,
        I have recently set up squid 1.1.23 on my linux box. This machine
is a firewall to a private lan that is connected to the internet with a
56k modem. In an effort to squeeze every ounce of bandwidth out of this
connection, I would like to join a closeby parent to help with latency
issues. The main problem is that I cannot find a parent nearby who will
allow me to connect to port 3130.
        I am signed on with erols in the boston area, and the tracking
database is showing nothing in this area. am I using this wrong? Any
help would be greatly appreciated! TIA,

jas