RE: bad msgs in syslog...

From: David Carter <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:23:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> Man, if I were you, I think I'd break out your disk analysis software. I see
> stuff like that, I get ready for a disk failure...

Yep, I second that - I saw those sort of errors recently on a drive that
had obviously suffered a major impact during transport. Also happens with
old drives. They usually start making a high pitched whine or scraping
noice before they finally croak.

Backup!

Cheers,

David Carter, Internet Programming & Security "Most of the shadows
SOL Børs AS, Oslo. in life are caused
david@solbors.no http://www.solbors.no/ by standing in your
Norway's Top Financial Site. own sunshine" R.W. Emerson