Re: HTTP GET redirection??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 21:23:33 +0200

Mark Starr wrote:
> Is there a quick way to redirect all HTTP GET requests sent to
> one machine to another? I am using BSDI3.1.

All HTTP requests, or only GET?

If it is all HTTP requests arriving to one of your servers, then the
easiest way is probably to use a plain tcp plug daemon like the plug-gw
or http-gw in TIS firewall toolkit.

If you are asking how to redirect GET requests for one server to another
when received by a Squid proxy then you need to write a small redirector
that rewrites the requests.

#!/usr/bin/perl
$realserver="http://www.server.net/";
$newserver="http://www.other.server.net/";