Prohibiting persistent connections for some hosts

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:28:25 +0200

Is there currently some mechanism to force an early close on
persistent connections to certain hosts?

I've noticed a server which accepts a POST request into a cgi program,
but then forgets to use the Content-Length field, and probably simply
waits until the socket is closed to feed an EOF to the program.
Since squid tries to use a persistent connection, the cgi program hangs
on for a while, then gives up in disgust and displays a timeout error message.

I could reduce the pconn_timeout setting, but that reduces the efficiency
of persistent connections.

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).