Re: Does rotating log files affect squid's performance

From: Karl Schaffarczyk <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 98 09:24:41 +1000

>I would like to rotate my log files, but I
>don't know if it will affect the caching
>performance of my proxy.
>
>Are there any performance degration
>if i would rotate my log files.
>
> sincerely,
>

> Raul S. Bucad

As far as i know, it makes very little difference to the caching
performance. If anything it will make your machine a little faster as it
is not dealing with such a huge file.

I find that rotating logs daily (4am) keeps my machine quite fast, but
when i don't rotate it can get painfully slow.

Regards
Karl
=8)