Re: Delay Pools

From: Stefan Rompf [Zentrale] <srompf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 12:52:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, David Luyer wrote:

> > is it possible to add the functionality of my mime intercept patch
> > (http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/1.1/patches.html) to delay pools? The patch
> > allows bandwidth limiting based on mime type and is doing great work here
> > in preventing people from listening to real audio the whole day ;-)
>
> I expect this might work (assuming aclCheckFast() handles url_regex
> acl's);
>
> acl realaudio url_regex \.ra$
> acl theboss src 10.11.12.13/255.255.255.255

acl theadmin ;-)

Unfortunately, this does not work, a typical realaudio stream looks like
this:

http://broadcast9.activate.net/SmpDsBhgRlb4bc07bd-43d3-11d2-fda3-75012f1f2b26

I think there is no way to match these URLs on regex. IMHO the only way
reliably distinguishing the content of a server reply is examining the
Content-Type-header. I tried your delay hack patch with 1.1 and it didn't
work for me.

cu.. Stefan