Re: Remote accelerator and ICP questions

From: Peter C. Norton <spacey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:02:01 -0400

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 10:44:56AM -0600, Duane Wessels wrote:
> The cache.log file should say an ICP port has been opened. Something
> like
>
> Accepting ICP connections on FD 25
>
> Duane W.

Thanks for that message! It let me find this gem in main.c (line 368):

    if (!httpd_accel_mode || Config.Accel.withProxy) {

I seem to have to have httpd_accel_with_proxy set to be able to set up my
systems as an little accelerator farm.

Perhaps the sample config file could be clearer about ICP not being
enabled when the cache is set up as an accelerator? I don't think that
the application that I'm using squid for the discinction between
accelerator and proxy is clear. At least not as far as ICP being a
feature of a proxy.

Now that I've enabled that, I'm seeing ICP requests in both my test
caches. Thanks! Now I can worry about that router...

--
Peter C. Norton                      Time comes into it. / Say it.  Say it.
spacey@pobox.com                   | The Universe is made of stories,

                                     Muriel Rukeyser "The Speed of Darknesss"