Re: acl help

From: Roger Yerramsetti (Wantree) <sysadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:52:58 +0800 (WST)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Alex Rousskov wrote:

| Roger,

| Do you have icp_hit_stale set to "on"? Looks like something disables refresh
| checks for ICP hits...

Yeah, i found that was the problem abount 15 minutes ago. I recalled a
thread about squid1.1 allowing a neighbour to do a tcp_refresh_hit even
when they didn't have miss access.

The thread is here: http://www.cineca.it/proxy/search/html/9802/681.html

I took a look at Henrik Nordstrom response to the thread
(http://www.cineca.it/proxy/search/html/9802/688.html) in particular

"Use icp_hit_stale to control if remote caches should trigger refreshes
of your cache or not. In most cases this should be left in the default
off position (don't tell remote caches to trigger a refresh of
yourcache)."

And noticed my conf had icp_hit_stale on :)

Thanks for your time :)

-----
Roger Yerramsetti : ,-------. :
rogery@wantree.com.au : : / / | a n t r e e I n t e r n e t :