Re: Squid 1.2 formats and other Q's.

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:13:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Umar Goldeli wrote:

> Have the directory formats and logging formats etc been frozen yet? (ie.
> if I deploy a 1.2 version - will my whole cache structure get mauled at
> each subversion upgrade?)

These are two different questions. I do not think there is a 100% guarantee
that directory and log formats will remain the same. However, they are not
likely to change, I guess. At any rate, *each* "subversion upgrade" will not
require wiping out your cache.

> And finally... how close *are* we to having an official stable release of
> 1.2? :)

Closer than before. And most beta versions are pretty stable already.

Alex.