Re: comm-write already active error

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:45:26 -0600

Rehan Siddiqui writes:

>Hi all squid users,
>I am running Squid-1.1.20 as transparent proxy, on a Compaq proliant
>800 machine running RedHat Linux. I encountered the following error
>message and then the system crashed:
>
>WARNING FD 539: A comm_write is already active
>
>Can anybody tell me what this error message really mean?

This is a bug. Originally squid would force a coredump when
this event occured, so we could debug it. But one of the
developers saw this happen so often, and apparently didn't
want to debug it, so it was made a non-fatal warning message.

It probably means the client didn't get the right object data.

Duane W.